Join Our Mailinglist
Financial planning is not just about investing and it is not just for wealthy people. We often hear people say “I don’t have much to invest.” or “I don’t have much money but I have some things I’d like to discuss. Do you work with small accounts?” We believe everyone should have access to a financial advisor.
We get tremendous satisfaction from helping people simplify their financial lives and from guiding them towards decisions that improve their financial health. While many planning issues are covered as part of our investment management service, you do not have to be an investment client to be a financial planning client. All you need is the desire for better control over your financial life.
Financial planning is a process that involves first identifying the issues that affect your goals in life and then taking steps to address those issues.
During this process we go through the following general steps:
1) We start with your current situation by collecting information and discussing your particular concerns.
2) We discuss your goals and needs to identify what outcome you want to achieve and the timeframes involved.
3) We recommend a course to take to get there.
4) You take the proposed actions and we check back with you to see if that course needs to be modified.
We apply these steps in helping clients address a variety of concerns, such as:
· “We earn a decent living and we are not big spenders, what can we do to save more?”
· “What can I do to save on income taxes?”
· ”Can I afford to buy this house?” or ” Should I refinance my mortgage?”
· “Can I afford to retire? When should I apply for Social Security?”
Most importantly, we help clients make the right financial decisions during some of the most stressful times of their lives.